Thursday, April 09, 2015

CAN I STAY SAVED





By
Johnny Long


CAN I STAY SAVED..??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. (John 14:20)

--You can't POSSIBLY be more surrounded and protected than this. Don't ever let anybody tell you salvation somehow ain't "safe".

And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. (Rom. 4:21)

--Jesus promised to come again for us (John 14:3). Until then, He has promised to always be with us (Matt. 28:20; Heb. 13:5) and to be present with us in the form of the Holy Spirit (John 14:16, 18, 26; 15:26; 16:7; I John 2:20, 27).

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith...(Heb. 12:2)

--Are any of us a "finished" work yet..?? No. That means He is still at His uninterrupted work in us (Phil. 2:13).

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to KEEP THAT WHICH I HAVE COMMITTED unto him against that day. (II Tim. 1:12)

--HIS job--not "ours"--is the KEEPING of what we have committed to Him in the best way we know how when we make our "committment" to Him. He even keeps us from "changing hosses in mid-stream" when we are fooled into believing there's something to be afraid of enough to do so:

Now unto him that is able to KEEP you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, (Jude 24)

--Key word: "keep".

Who are KEPT by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (I Peter 1:5)

--Key word: "kept".

Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the KEEPING of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. (I Peter 4:19)

--Key word: "keeping", even through all the faith-shaking doubts we encounter and suffer in order to overcome as our faith grows. A day comes for all of us when the strongest doubts that exist will be crushed under our feet. It's what Jesus is bringing us to, and His doing so has everything to do with His faithfulness of His Word, rather than our poor human-"ability" to believe it:

If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. (II Tim. 2:13)

--God bless and KEEP every cotton-pickin' one of y'all..!! wink emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment