Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sabbath

You can choose you day:

Collossians 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.


Satan wants to destroy all holy things:

Ezekiel 22:8
Yo...u have despised my holy things and desecrated my Sabbaths.


For false worshipers , God will show them

Hes 20:16-17, Hes 20:18-20
  .. because they rejected my laws and did not follow my decrees and desecrated my Sabbaths. For their hearts were devoted to their idols. Yet I looked on them with pity and did not destroy them or put an end to them in the wilderness. 

I said to their children in the wilderness, “Do not follow the statutes of your parents or keep their laws or defile yourselves with their idols.

I am the LORD your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.  Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.”

For false worshipers , God will stop them:

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.


Must you keep sabbath to be saved, NO,  but if you like you can keep sabbath any day you like. You are in the "Spiritual Sabbath" Jesus peace and you rest in Him already if you are saved. Jesus is lord of the Sabbath.  

BibelSvar: Should we keep the Sabbath - NO!

---------------------- BibelSvar: Posts A - Z ------------------------

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if the foolish virgins that had lamps but no oil (Holy Spirit) were likened to these Galatians that we trying to justify themselves by obeying the Law of Moses? Not sure if it is connected but I do know that the people of God, the sheep are not supposed to have fangs. I have seen way too many situations where the brethren have argued vehemently over this matter of the law and especially the Sabbath. I am not going to be arguing with anyone over it. My conscience is clear, I know the truth on this matter and I pray you come to know it as well. I have a better appreciation for why Paul wrote this to Titus.

    Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

    We all have learned many false things through the apostasy that has come to define Christianity today. I need to amend some things I wrote a year or so ago before I had a good understanding of this. The Lord will reveal the Scriptures and speak to those that walk with Him on the highway to holiness. Only Jesus can open our eyes to the truth as He did on the road to Emmaus.

    Luke 24:32 And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gospel was entrusted to the Apostles and what they taught is the doctrine we should hold in our heart. They taught the new law that Christ brought by the Holy Spirit. They taught we are not to judge our brothers by what day or Sabbath they esteem more than the other. They taught not to tear down our brothers in condemnation as we would bear the wrath of God if we do so. It is amazingly sad to see smart people try to explain away these very clear passages to support a doctrine on the Sabbath that has captured their heart.

    Honor and respect each other and serve God from a pure heart. If some one wants to keep the sabbath, then by all means let them keep it and give the honor and glory to the Lord. Do not criticize them for the desires in their hearts to get closer to God. There is no formula for prayer. If another does not keep the Sabbath, or keeps it on Sunday or esteems every day the same, let them bring glory to God they way their heart desires and do not judge them on this matter. Let’s quit the fault-finding and grumbling over this issue of the Sabbath. Let’s decide to get in on the better promises Jesus brought to us thru His New Covenant.

    This new law is also known as the perfect Law of Liberty. This is correct. It denotes our freedom we have in Christ Jesus. Not freedom to sin, but freedom to love.

    (By Pete Wilson)

    ReplyDelete